The sizzle of the griddle, the sweet smell of fresh maple syrup... nothing brings me back to my childhood like a stack of pancakes in the morning. If only there were a way to satisfy my everlasting sweet tooth without loading up on empty carbs?
Well, thanks to trainer Charlotte Mooney's Oatmeal Pancake Recipe I can! Her guilt free, protein packed, oat filled masterpiece will have you ready to tackle any workout Burn 60 throws at you.
Even Liam's Extreme 45 class... but don't tell him I said that ;)
- 2/3 cup oats
- 3-4 egg whites
- 2 tbs almond milk
- fruit that you desire (ex. blueberries, raspberries, banana, blackberries, strawberries…)
- honey (you can drizzle a bit on top when you are done). I add a stevia or equal to the mix instead.
- Mix the oats, egg whites and fruit in a bowl.
- Put in nutribullet, or your blender. Blend the mixture until semi-smooth. Do not over blend.
- Add the almond milk in and hand-mix.
- Cook on skillet like regular pancakes.
- Eat and enjoy, for any meal!!
- These are amazing snacks are are great cold as well as hot!
Next time you run into Char let her know what you think!
See you on a treadmill.
Love, Sweat + Cheers,