Looking for a game changing side dish this holiday season? Impress your dinner guests & in-laws with this Quinoa + Butternut Squash Stuffing...
- 2 cups heirloom quinoa
- 1 large butternut squash - cooked and cubed
- 5 large carrots
- 1/2 lb. asparagus
- 2 zucchini
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 onion - chopped finely
- fresh basil
- 3 oranges - squeezed for juice
- 1tbs balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- salt + pepper
- OPTIONS: You can top with almonds or cranberries if desired.
- Cut your butternut squash in half. Heat oven to 375. Cook for 40 minutes until tender. Then peel, and chop squash into 1/2 inch cubes
- Prepare 2 cups quinoa (follow directions on packaging). Let the quinoa cool. Add scallions if desired
- Wash + chop all veggies finely
- In skillet cook garlic, onion, carrots, zucchini, red pepper + salt and peper. Cook until browned and medium soft. Set to the side.
- Squeeze the juice of three oranges into a small bowl. Add 1tbs of balsamic vinaigrette. Mix
- Combine quinoa with cooked veggies. Add the butternut squash.
- Drizzle with orange dressing.
- Cool in refrigerator
- EAT AND ENOY. *You can eat hot or cold, whatever you prefer.