Trainer Charlotte Mooney has a colorful, healthy and flavor popping potato salad recipe that is a guaranteed crowd pleaser. Checkout the recipe below...
- 2 bags mixed color fingerling potatoes
- fresh basil
- fresh mint
- fresh chives
- fresh lemon juice
- cucumber chopped
- red onion chopped
- red pepper chopped
- salt + pepper
- Fill a pot 1/2 up with water. Bring to boil. Place potatoes in and let boil until “hard tender.” You don’t want them to be mushy. Usually about 12-17 minutes, but keep your eye on them.
- When they are done remove them and cut them into halves and quarters.
- Chop the red onion + red pepper. Place them in skillet covered in cooking spray. Cook until tender, adding lemon juice.
- Place the chopped potatoes in a large bowl. Squeeze lemon juice on top of them. Pour the red onion, pepper mix on top of the potatoes with all juices.
- Add salt + pepper.
- Wash and finely chop the mint, chives, basil + cucumber. Sprinkle the herbs and cucumber on top the potato mix.
- Add another splash of lemon juice, salt + pepper.
- Mix and place in refrigerator to cool before serving.
For a more in depth version of Charlotte's potato salad recipe head over to her blog, Charlotte Mooney Lifestyle.