As long time member of the Burn 60 team, FitSugar TV host, and CEO of KFIT health, Anna Renderer certainly knows a thing or two about staying fit. "An active metabolism," she says, "is vital to maintaining a healthy weight and keeping energy levels up." What exactly is metabolism you ask? Metabolism, is the chemical process by which we as humans convert the food we eat into the fuel necessary to sustain life - to keep everything in working order. This fuel therefore, is actually calories we consume and our metabolic rate determines how much of these calories are burned off and how much are stored and eventually turned into fat.
"A faster metabolism means burning more calories each day...even in your sleep," says Anna. So how can you give yours a boost? Here are 10 quick and easy tricks she has discovered to help speed up the process!
ANNA RENDERER'S 10 TRICKS FOR BOOSTING METABOLISM
1. Workout in the morning.
2. Eat breakfast.
3. Drink water.
4. Drink green tea.
5. Incorporate spice into your diet (add some red or green chili pepper or chili flakes to your food).
6. Build muscle (strength training allows your body to burn more calories even after your workouts).
7. Get cardio daily!
8. Eat smaller meals and add small healthy snacks throughout the day.
9. Replace some carbs with lean protein. Healthy sources include: lean beef, turkey, fish, chicken, tofu, nuts, beans, eggs, and low-fat dairy products.
10. Avoid crash diets and avoid cutting your calorie intaketoo low! When you eat less than 1,000 calories a day it will effect your metabolism in a negative way.